Waterproofing Services & Maintenance
Roof Management / Roofing Contractor
Where roofs are not leaking but not in sound condition, preventative waterproofing service & maintenance can be rendered. Residential, Commercial and Industrial Factory roofs over a time of 34 Years count into the thousands throughout the country with satisfied clients and a friendly relationship, built on trust over a long period where in many cases we are working with the second and third generations.
Our business has truly developed into a relationship with clients where the top standard of work must always be an extension of the goodwill established between ourselves and clients who helped us build the business.
Be aware of the role that "quality" roof waterproofing plays in extending the life of the building. There is no alternative to quality products, efficient workmanship and a contractor you can talk to.
As your Roof Contractor our services include Waterproofing and Maintenance of existing Residential, Commercial and Industrial Factory roofs:
- Roof Waterproofing (Acrylic Waterproofing or Rubberised-Bitumen)
- Roof Repairs
- Painting & Coating of Roofs
- Anti-Corrosive Metal Treatments
- Comprehensive Factory Renovations (including plumbing, electrical, dry-walling, building and ceilings)
- Damp-Proofing of Walls
- Exterior Wall Painting & Coatings
Rope Access is required for any High-rise, Duplex, Complex or Multiple Floor Buildings! So, Waterproofing any Building is not a problem for us at J. Bosch Waterproofing.
Our Trained Team of Vertical Rope Access Professionals specialise in High-rise & Larger Buildings.
Note: We service the whole of Gauteng, including the entire East Rand, Hartbeespoortdam, Pretoria, Kempton Park, Secunda, Rustenburg, Witbank (eMalahleni) and the Vaal Tri-Angle.
- Remove rust.
- Apply Anti-Corrosive Metal Primer.
- Secure all roofscrews or replace.
- Rivet all overlaps together.
- Seal all ridges, flashings, overlaps and roofscrews with the Acrylic Waterproofing System.
- Adhesion coat.
- Roof Waterproofing.
- Polyester membrane.
- Saturation coat.
- Top coat.
- Paint complete roof with a Super Acrylic roof paint or Bituminous Aluminum paint for protection.
- Guarantee: Ten years if not close to acid fall out.
Metal Roofing Repair - Before and After Gallery
We evaluate the existing system and decide whether to remove, rejuvenate or apply our waterproofing over the existing system. Two systems are mainly used, a "Torch on" or a Bitumen Emulsion waterproofing system reinforced with Polyester membrane. All waterproofing are painted over in a matching colour for protection. Both these systems carry a ten year guarantee with maintenance coats to be applied after every three years by J. Bosch Waterproofing.
- Remove broken tiles and replace.
- Wash roof.
- Seal ridges, valleys, flashings and where necessary with the Acrylic Waterproofing system as in the metal roof spec.
- Spray or paint by brush with Super Acrylic roof paint.
- Guarantee: Ten years if not close to acid fall out.
E.g.: Undertile or Basements. Indextene or Rubberized Bitumen Emulsion Waterproofing system or other advanced products are used as per manufacturer's specification.
Acrylic Waterproofing is a seamless waterproofing system of outstanding quality and versatility. It is nonbituminous and liquid applied, curing to a tough elastomeric compound, which has excellent durability, weathering characteristics and chemical resistance.
- Withstands all ambient temperatures
- Resists mould and fungus growth
- Has a high degree of resistance to abrasion and traffic
- Being a brushable or sprayable liquid, it can be applied to areas which are normally not easily accessible
- Will not loose it's flexibility
- Is resistant to degradation by ultra violet rays
- Not affected by exposure to frost
- Suitable for application to vertical surfaces without slumping
- Water-based polymer facilitates easy clean up
- Not suitable for permanent immersion in water
- New concrete surfaces should be allowed to cure for two to three weeks before over coating
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic only (walkways are advisable for heavy pedestrian traffic)
- Do not dilute
Acrylic Waterproofing can be laid over a variety of surfaces, for example:
- New concrete roof slabs or screeds
- Vertical concrete or brickwork
- Plastered surfaces
- Metals such as galvanized iron
- Insulation board
- Existing waterproofing systems
- Surfaces should ideally be sound, clean and dry. All surface contamination should be removed before application can commence.
This a rubber-latex modified anionic bitumen emulsion, which dries to a pliable, flexible, waterproof, black coating. It may be used for a variety of applications with or without a supporting membrane.
- BASE: Latex Rubber modified bituminous emulsion
- MASS PER LITRE: Approx. 1.0Kg
- SOLVENT: Water
- VISCOSITY: Thick, buttery
- SOLIDS: 60 ± 2% w/w
- COLOUR: Brown, dries black
- WATER VAPOUR PERMEABILITY 0.08 g/s.MN (25° C and 75% R.H.)
- ELONGATION AT BREAK: Up to 100%
- EXPOSURE RESISITANCE: Tested to 500 hours Q.U.V. no defects
- APPLICATION TEMP: 5° to 40°C
- SERVICE TEMP RANGE: -30° to 60°C
- STORAGE TEMP RANGE: 5° to 35°C
Rubberised Bitumen is suitable for a variety of waterproofing and insulating applications:
- To waterproof metal, or flat concrete roofs
- To waterproof dams and roof gardens
- In conjunction with supporting membrane, it may be used to form a durable waterproof coating which may be rendered trafficable by the use of a slurry topcoat
- To waterproof retaining walls and basements
- For lining drinking water tanks
- For vapour barrier protection of insulated piping
- In the construction of cold rooms
- Suitable as a bond breaker between concrete construction slabs